Monday 30 September 2019

A Road Less Travelled...

I thought I had spent all my creativity this year on my new leather collection, which has been very well received by visitors to my booths at Art Shows this year.

Then I began to prepare for the "Before the Rush" show in Gananoque at the Fire Hall on November 1, 2, 3, 2019.  I always try to have something new and different for this particular show, as my fellow participants are all such awesome artists.

Some time ago, I had experimented with alcohol ink and cut and pierced metal as landscape scenes on tiles.  I have recently returned to this idea with a different way of manipulating the ink - using air!!!

Here are some photos of the first few pieces I have completed and I have so many other ideas, but not sure I will complete all of them "Before the Rush".

Monarch Butterfly (cut and pierced in Brass)
Monarch Butterfly in Frame
Colour Splash

Doodles

The Rainbow Fleet



Flying Home

Dragonflies Playing on the River